DTC driver arrested for stalking a girl
New Delhi: A 28-year-old DTC driver was
arrested here for allegedly stalking a woman, who had to shift
her home as well as job, police said on Wednesday.
The accused has been identified as Jogesh Kumar. He
was arrested yesterday following investigations into a
complaint filed by a woman residing in Vasant Kunj.
He is working as driver in DTC and presently posted in
He has been allegedly stalking her continuously for
more than a year. She claimed she was mentally harassed by him
and that she had to shift her home as well as a well-settled
"The woman used to travel in his bus to go to her
office in Paschim Vihar in 2008. After some time, she became
friendly with him. Later on, the girl realised that accused
had become very possessive about her and even started
monitoring her movements. On this, the girl started to avoid
him," a senior police official said.
"After that accused started calling on her mobile
continuously during odd hours to harass her. He even visited
her office and tried to malign her image so much that the
complainant had to leave her well settled job. Even after
that, accused continued stalking the girl and used to stand
outside her house in Arjun Nagar due to which the complainant
had to shift her home to somewhere else," the official said.
The driver allegedly started threatening her and her
relatives of dire consequences and then the girl filed a
complaint with police against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday