DTC driver on run for 16 years arrested
New Delhi: A driver of the Delhi Transport
Corporation (DTC), who was on the run for the past 16 years
after grievously injuring a man in an accident, was arrested
from near a court complex here, police said on Saturday.
Brahm Singh (48), who was declared a proclaimed
offender in November 1994, was caught from near Tiz Hazari
Courts on March four when he came there to check the status of
Singh, who hails from Baghpur village in Uttar
Pradesh`s Bulandshahar district, had hit a pedestrian and
caused him grievous injuries in the early 1990s. He was
arrested in this case, a senior police official said.
"During trial, Singh did not appear in the court and
while serving of summons, it was learnt that he left his
rented accommodation in West Jyoti Nagar of Shahdara locality
and he was declared proclaimed offender," he said.
Later, police learnt that he was residing in Baghpur
and a team was sent there twice but he could not be arrested.
"On March four, we received information that he was
present near Tis Hazari Courts and a trap was laid. We caught
him there," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred