DTC earnings cross Rs 100 crore in July
New Delhi: Delhi Transport Corporation which runs the world`s largest fleet of CNG buses has posted revenue collection of over Rs 100 crore in July.
The DTC earned a total of Rs 101.80 crore during last month, a Transport Department official said. Previously, its monthly revenue collection has been upto Rs 80 crore to Rs 90 crore.
He said about 14 crore passengers travelled by DTC buses in July as compared to eight crore passengers in July 2010.
Out of total revenue collected in July, the official said Rs 88.64 crore came from from ticketed earnings while Rs 4.51 crore came from earning from its school bus service.
The corporation earned Rs 43.63 lakh as fine from ticketless passengers while Rs 7.68 crore came from issuance of monthly passes.
The corporation has achieved this feat by encouraging workers and strengthening its functioning by way of implementing various measures including rationalisation of
During the last six months, the corporation has introduced 37 new bus routes and modified its 79 existing routes as per the convenience of commuters.
Currently, the DTC has a total of 3,775 low floor buses including 1,225 AC buses.
The official said as many as 15,000 new drivers and conductors have been appointed in the last one year. A total of 13,42,164 passes were issued to commuters in the year
2010-11 from which a sum of Rs 62 crore was earned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar panchayat elections: Polling begins for third phase
- Now, IIT to come up in Jammu; all decks cleared for 625 acre campus - Know its exact location
- Indian Premier League 9: Gujarat Lions' Ravindra Jadeja reprimanded for showing dissent at umpire's decision
- Holiday video alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput’s oceanic vacation
- NBSE 10th & 12th Results 2016: Nagaland.gov.in Board, NBSE HSLC & HSSLC Results 2016 to be declared on May 3