DTC night bus service: Home guard dismissed for sleeping
New Delhi: A Delhi Home Guard, who was found sleeping during his duty on a night bus, was on Sunday dismissed from service, while the driver of the vehicle was placed under suspension.
The Delhi Transport Corporation bus was plying between Kashmere Gate to Najafgarh on route no 72 last night when a woman found the Home Guard on duty was sleeping.
Home Guards were recently deployed in night buses after an outrage over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus.
The services of Rajbir Singh, who was on duty on the DTC bus, were terminated with immediate effect based on a complaint filed by the woman, the Delhi Home Guard said.
DTC has also suspended driver Rajpal and issued a show-cause notice to conductor Deepak. Based on their replies, appropriate action will be taken, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`