DU admission process begins
New Delhi: The process of admissions to the
colleges of Delhi University began today with the sale of
around 2,000 information bulletins on the first day and
registration of over 1600 students for reserved categories.
Delhi University has this year done away with the
pre-admission forms and will directly release cut-off
percentages in five phases starting from June 15.
Besides beginning the sale of its information bulletins,
the University also began the `open days` sessions to acquaint
the students of the admission process and counsel them to
clear doubts in their minds.
While an estimated 2,000 information bulletins were sold
on the first day, officials are expecting an increased rush
"For the SC/ST reserved category, 1600 registrations were
made today while 16 students turned up in the physically
disabled students` category," said Dr Gulshan Sawhney,
Deputy, Dean Students Welfare.
Besides, over 1500 students and parents attended `open
day` sessions at the Conference Centre in North Campus.
Teachers, counsellors and student volunteers addressed
the aspiring students, telling them about various courses and
colleges, eligibility criteria and the admission process. The
first open day began with a session by Prof P C Jain,principal
of the prestigious Sri Ram College of Commerce.
The South Campus Deputy Dean Students Welfare office too
received more than 2000 queries regarding the admissions.
Delhi University will over the next one month admit
students for its 54,000 seats in various streams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS