DU colleges declare second list
New Delhi: As expected, a number of sought after colleges of Delhi University closed admissions to the popular B Com (Hon) and Economics (Hons) courses for general category students on Monday after recording admissions in excess of sanctioned seats over the last four days.
However, for OBC students seats were still available in almost all top notch colleges that brought out their second cut off lists today.
The university said colleges have exercised "abundant caution" in declaring the second cut-off list and advised aspirants not to get discouraged as most colleges are expected to announce three more lists with lower cut-offs.
The Sri Ram College of Commerce declared its admissions closed for both B Com and Eco honours after taking in 161 and 10 extra admissions in both these courses for the general category. For the OBC category a second cut-off list was announced at 92 to 96 per cent in B Com(H) and 92.75 to 95.75 in Eco(H).
It was amply evident that the colleges, which have come out with second lists, have indeed exercised caution and had not lowered cut-offs substantially.
Besides SRCC, the admissions in the general category in B Com (hons) closed in Hindu college, Ramjas, Daulat Ran, Dyal Singh and Shaheed Bhagat Singh colleges, among others.
The Eco (hons) course was closed in Hindu, Miranda, Ramjas and Shaheed Bhagat Singh, among others.
Among the colleges that declare a second cut-off list for Commerce, Kirorimal put it at 95.5 to 96.75, while Sri Venkateshwar declared it at 95.5 to 97. Other colleges in this category were Gargi, Hansraj, Lady Sri Ram and Deshmukh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Top 10 stocks to be on radar post Brexit
- India's forex reserves adequate to tackle Brexit impact: RBI