DU: Colleges to finish general seats in 3rd list
New Delhi: With limited number of seats
left at the Delhi University, students rushed to colleges
today post the third cut off list with officials expecting to
fill up the general category in this admission window itself.
When the third cut off lists were declared yesterday,
not much was anyways left for students of the general category
in the most popular courses in many colleges though the OBC
quota was still open in almost all institutions.
While 13 colleges declared cut-offs for BCom (H), only
six had declared third cut-offs for Eco(H). Similar was the
case for courses like Political Science, Mathematics and
Moreover, most on-campus colleges have already closed
admissions in these courses barring a few like Kirorimal and
"We expect to fill up the remaining general category
seats in the first couple of days itself, and a fourth list is
unlikely," said an official of an on-campus college where
third cut offs were announced in some courses.
Though the dip in cut off percentages was very low
in Kirorimal and none at all in Hansraj for B Com (H), some
students who still made it to the bracket were overjoyed.
The Delhi University still has a window for two more
cut-off lists, but the picture about which colleges will
actually announce those will be clear only over the next three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends