DU gears up to tackle hooliganism during Holi
New Delhi: Deployment of mobile patrol squads, provision of helpline numbers and formation of teacher-student committees are among a series of measures being taken by Delhi University to check hooliganism during the festival of Holi.
The university has warned students that "strict disciplinary action" will be taken against those found indulging in rowdy behaviour especially against women students.
Coordinating with the Delhi Police, mobile patrol squads will be deployed at various strategic positions around the University`s two campuses and its constituent colleges.
DTC bus drivers have also been directed to drive their buses straight to the nearest police station in case of any harassment of girl students onboard.
Apart from the Delhi Police and DTC officials, the university has asked teachers and students to form monitoring committees to maintain order and check the identities of any visitors to their premises.
A helpline 011-27667291, jointly managed by University officials and Delhi Police, will directly connect students to the Proctor`s office in North Campus. The helpline number for South Campus students to reach the office of Deputy Dean of Students` Welfare is 011-24119832.
Also, according to the notification, playing Holi during working hours would be barred and entry of visitors in the hostels will be checked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened