DU lecturer summoned by court to depose as witness
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday issued
summonses to six witnesses, including four policemen and a
Delhi University college lecturer, to depose as prosecution
witnesses in trial of a couple, allegedly having links with
banned outfit Communist Party of India (Maoist).
Additional Sessions Judge Santosh Snehi Mann issued the
summonses to the six after recording the statement of only one
prosecution witnesses in the case as no other witness had
responded to the earlier summonses.
The court had framed charges against Gopal Mishra and his
wife Anu for allegedly having links with CPI (Maoist).
The couple was also charged for committing various
offences under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act after
some documents were recovered from them which "lay emphasis"
on capturing political power through armed rebellion.
"Prosecution witnesses be summoned along with the
investigating officer on August 3," the court said.
Of the six witnesses summoned by the court, four are
policemen while two others are public witnesses, including a
lecturer of DU`s Motilal Nehru College. He had allegedly
arranged a flat on rent here for the couple.
43-year-old Mishra was arrested by Special Cell of the
Delhi Police on April 26 last year from Shahdara in East Delhi
and was found carrying various documents and a CD containing
material related to CPI (Maoist). His wife Anu was arrested a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan