DU lecturer summoned by court to depose as witness
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday issued
summonses to six witnesses, including four policemen and a
Delhi University college lecturer, to depose as prosecution
witnesses in trial of a couple, allegedly having links with
banned outfit Communist Party of India (Maoist).
Additional Sessions Judge Santosh Snehi Mann issued the
summonses to the six after recording the statement of only one
prosecution witnesses in the case as no other witness had
responded to the earlier summonses.
The court had framed charges against Gopal Mishra and his
wife Anu for allegedly having links with CPI (Maoist).
The couple was also charged for committing various
offences under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act after
some documents were recovered from them which "lay emphasis"
on capturing political power through armed rebellion.
"Prosecution witnesses be summoned along with the
investigating officer on August 3," the court said.
Of the six witnesses summoned by the court, four are
policemen while two others are public witnesses, including a
lecturer of DU`s Motilal Nehru College. He had allegedly
arranged a flat on rent here for the couple.
43-year-old Mishra was arrested by Special Cell of the
Delhi Police on April 26 last year from Shahdara in East Delhi
and was found carrying various documents and a CD containing
material related to CPI (Maoist). His wife Anu was arrested a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price