DU may allow Pak student to take exam
New Delhi: In a ray of hope for a Pakistani
student of Delhi University, his department is considering
giving him some leeway in appearing for examination despite
his very low attendance record.
The undergraduate student of the Department of Germanic
and Romance studies had earlier been denied permission to
appear for exams on account of attendance shortage but the
Dean of Examinations has now written to the department, asking
it to reconsider his case.
The student is being considered as a special case since
his visa expires next year, and a failure to appear in exams
would leave his studies in India unfulfilled.
Sources at the Department of Germanic and Romance Studies
said the student`s attendance record has been "poor" for the
last two years.
"We got a letter from the Dean of Examinations and we are
considering his case," said a source at the department.
The minimum requirement for a student to appear in
examination is 66 per cent attendance, but students having an
attendance between 40 to 66 per cent are allowed to appear
after signing an undertaking.
However, the attendance of the Pakistani student, who
suffered from health issues, is even lower than this bracket,
said officials of the department.
After being approached by the student, the Dean of
Examinations wrote back to the department on his case.
"The student has been running from agency to agency,
which in turn have passed the buck to us," said a department
official on the Dean of Examinations` letter.
Now, with the department reconsidering his case, the
student has a chance to make it to the examinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'