DU out with 6th cut-off list; most colleges close popular courses
New Delhi: Delhi University on Tuesday announced its sixth cut-off list even as most colleges closed admissions to popular undergraduate programmes with only a few reserved category seats available at certain institutions.
ARSD (94.5-96.5 per cent), Hansraj (96.5-97.5 pc), Kalindi (92.5 pc) and Satyawati (92.5 pc) are among the colleges where BA (Honours) in Economics is still being offered.
Acharya Narendra Dev, ARSD and Shyama Prasad Mukherjee -- the three off-campus colleges which had put the cut-off at 100 per cent in the first list for entry into the programme -- also closed admissions to the popular course.
English honours is still available at DCAC (90. 5 pc), Hansraj (94.25-96 pc), Hindu (95.5-97 pc), Kalindi (89 pc), Satyawati (91.5-92.5 pc) and SGND Khalsa (88 pc).
Lady Sri Ram, Kirori Mal, Hindu, Ramjas, Deen Dayal Upadhyay and Daulat Ram are among the colleges which have closed admissions to all courses and have only a few seats left for reserved category students.
Admissions to B.Com Honours are open at Hindu (96.75- 92.5 pc).
Surprisingly, popular courses, including History, Economics and English honours, are still being offered at Hansraj.
Admissions to B.Sc Chemistry have been closed at all colleges, except for Ramjas and Sri Venketeshwara.
Eligible candidates meeting the requirement notified in the sixth cut-off list can take admissions till July 17.
A seventh cut off list (if any) will be announced on July 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble