DU placement cell extends last date by 15 days
New Delhi: Students who could not register
themselves with Delhi University`s central placement cell so
far, now have more time to complete the process with the DU
extending its date for entries by another 15 days.
The process which was scheduled to end yesterday, has now
been extended till October 30, officials said.
The University has till yesterday registered 14,000
students with its central placement cell.
The placement cell is for the first time catering to
students enrolled with the School of Open Learning (SOL) as
well as students of the Non-Collegiate Women`s Education Board
(NCWEB), in addition to the regular students it registers
This was partly a reason why the date of registration was
extended. Last year, the placement cell saw 12,000 students
register for its services of facilitating employment
"This year we have already registered 14,000 students till
today," said Gulshan Sawhney, deputy dean of students`
The University will now take applications till October 31
and the placement session that was scheduled to begin from
October 18, will now begin on November 8.
"The students of non-collegiate come to the University
only on Saturdays and Sundays, and we want to give them some
more time to register with us," he said.
With this extension, the registration for companies also
gets automatically extended and the University officials will
now review the scene on October 31 to take the process
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog