DU professor accuses VC`s security personnel of manhandling
New Delhi: A professor at Sri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) on Saturday alleged that he was manhandled by security personnel of Delhi University Vice Chancellor Dinesh Singh during a conference at the college.
Sanjaya Kumar Bohidar, Associate Professor at SRCC, however, said he does not intend to file a complaint with police while the Vice Chancellor could not be reached for comments.
Bohidar claimed that he was manhandled by Singh`s "bouncers" when he asked for permission to leave the auditorium room just before the VC was to begin his address a conference on `Transformational Leadership` this morning.
"I had politely and barely uttered `May I take a minute`, when bouncers accompanying Professor Singh rushed towards me and kept violently pushing me even though I offered no resistance. This carried on till they made sure that I was out of the auditorium," alleged Bohidar, who has been in service for 30 years.
Bohidar also said that participation of teachers and students had been made compulsory for the conference, a practice which he claimed was "unprecedented".
"Even a hint of coercion where the role of students and teachers is reduced to being listeners and applauders is destructive of independent and critical thinking," he said.
He said such incidents would adversely affect the motivation of teachers and may impact the quality of education.
The VC could not be contacted despite repeated attempts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list