DU seeks report on ex-college staffer`s death
New Delhi: Delhi University has sought a report from the governing body of a college whose sacked woman employee died after setting herself on fire to protest her alleged sexual harassment by the principal.
Pavitra Bhardwaj, 40, a former employee of BR Ambedkar College in east Delhi, died Monday due to burns suffered in the Sep 30 self-immolation, police said.
"Though the matter is within the purview of the college governance, the university has sought a report on the incident from the governing body of the college to enable it to take matters up for action," said a university statement.
Bhardwaj set herself on fire outside the Delhi Secretariat in Sep 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday