DU seeks report on ex-college staffer`s death
New Delhi: Delhi University has sought a report from the governing body of a college whose sacked woman employee died after setting herself on fire to protest her alleged sexual harassment by the principal.
Pavitra Bhardwaj, 40, a former employee of BR Ambedkar College in east Delhi, died Monday due to burns suffered in the Sep 30 self-immolation, police said.
"Though the matter is within the purview of the college governance, the university has sought a report on the incident from the governing body of the college to enable it to take matters up for action," said a university statement.
Bhardwaj set herself on fire outside the Delhi Secretariat in Sep 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested