DU seeks report on ex-college staffer`s death
New Delhi: Delhi University has sought a report from the governing body of a college whose sacked woman employee died after setting herself on fire to protest her alleged sexual harassment by the principal.
Pavitra Bhardwaj, 40, a former employee of BR Ambedkar College in east Delhi, died Monday due to burns suffered in the Sep 30 self-immolation, police said.
"Though the matter is within the purview of the college governance, the university has sought a report on the incident from the governing body of the college to enable it to take matters up for action," said a university statement.
Bhardwaj set herself on fire outside the Delhi Secretariat in Sep 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe