DU seeks report on ex-college staffer`s death
New Delhi: Delhi University has sought a report from the governing body of a college whose sacked woman employee died after setting herself on fire to protest her alleged sexual harassment by the principal.
Pavitra Bhardwaj, 40, a former employee of BR Ambedkar College in east Delhi, died Monday due to burns suffered in the Sep 30 self-immolation, police said.
"Though the matter is within the purview of the college governance, the university has sought a report on the incident from the governing body of the college to enable it to take matters up for action," said a university statement.
Bhardwaj set herself on fire outside the Delhi Secretariat in Sep 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown