DU student files rape case against Facebook friend
New Delhi: A 21-year-old Delhi University student has alleged that she was raped several times by a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) student, whom she first befriended on social networking site Facebook two years ago, police said on Thursday.
The incident was reported in west Delhi`s Nihal Vihar area May 4, after the victim, who also works in an NGO, found that the accused abruptly stopped answering her phone calls two months ago.
The accused, Vipin, a resident of Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district, is enrolled for the BDS course at a private institute.
"The girl alleged she was betrayed by Vipin, who entered into sexual relations with her on the promise of marriage. The girl first met the man two years ago on Facebook," a police officer said.
"A case has been registered in this connection. The accused is absconding," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees