DU student files rape case against Facebook friend
New Delhi: A 21-year-old Delhi University student has alleged that she was raped several times by a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) student, whom she first befriended on social networking site Facebook two years ago, police said on Thursday.
The incident was reported in west Delhi`s Nihal Vihar area May 4, after the victim, who also works in an NGO, found that the accused abruptly stopped answering her phone calls two months ago.
The accused, Vipin, a resident of Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district, is enrolled for the BDS course at a private institute.
"The girl alleged she was betrayed by Vipin, who entered into sexual relations with her on the promise of marriage. The girl first met the man two years ago on Facebook," a police officer said.
"A case has been registered in this connection. The accused is absconding," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city