DU student files rape case against Facebook friend
New Delhi: A 21-year-old Delhi University student has alleged that she was raped several times by a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) student, whom she first befriended on social networking site Facebook two years ago, police said on Thursday.
The incident was reported in west Delhi`s Nihal Vihar area May 4, after the victim, who also works in an NGO, found that the accused abruptly stopped answering her phone calls two months ago.
The accused, Vipin, a resident of Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district, is enrolled for the BDS course at a private institute.
"The girl alleged she was betrayed by Vipin, who entered into sexual relations with her on the promise of marriage. The girl first met the man two years ago on Facebook," a police officer said.
"A case has been registered in this connection. The accused is absconding," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh