DU student files rape case against Facebook friend
New Delhi: A 21-year-old Delhi University student has alleged that she was raped several times by a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) student, whom she first befriended on social networking site Facebook two years ago, police said on Thursday.
The incident was reported in west Delhi`s Nihal Vihar area May 4, after the victim, who also works in an NGO, found that the accused abruptly stopped answering her phone calls two months ago.
The accused, Vipin, a resident of Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district, is enrolled for the BDS course at a private institute.
"The girl alleged she was betrayed by Vipin, who entered into sexual relations with her on the promise of marriage. The girl first met the man two years ago on Facebook," a police officer said.
"A case has been registered in this connection. The accused is absconding," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days