DU student gang-raped in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A Delhi University (DU) student was allegedly gang-raped by her driver and his friend in Ghaziabad in a car on Saturday night, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred around 8.30 pm in a car in a closed down factory in Sahibabad Industrial area on Saturday night.
The survivor, who lives with her elder sister in Rajendra Nagar, had accompanied her driver Yogesh to collect the registration papers of the car from the man who had sold it to her.
She alleged that Yogesh took a diversion and picked up Asif. He then drove to an abandoned factory, where the duo raped her.
After the incident, the survivor called her sister around 12.30 am, who rushed to the spot with her husband and took the victim to a police station and lodged a complaint.
"We have registered a case of rape and have arrested Yogesh. The survivor has been sent for a medical examination. Its report is awaited," said a police officer.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today