DU student gang-raped in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A Delhi University (DU) student was allegedly gang-raped by her driver and his friend in Ghaziabad in a car on Saturday night, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred around 8.30 pm in a car in a closed down factory in Sahibabad Industrial area on Saturday night.
The survivor, who lives with her elder sister in Rajendra Nagar, had accompanied her driver Yogesh to collect the registration papers of the car from the man who had sold it to her.
She alleged that Yogesh took a diversion and picked up Asif. He then drove to an abandoned factory, where the duo raped her.
After the incident, the survivor called her sister around 12.30 am, who rushed to the spot with her husband and took the victim to a police station and lodged a complaint.
"We have registered a case of rape and have arrested Yogesh. The survivor has been sent for a medical examination. Its report is awaited," said a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city