DU student jumps from Metro station
New Delhi: Apparently depressed for being unable to win over a girl, a 22-year-old Delhi University student allegedly attempted to commit suicide by jumping from an elevated Metro station today, police said.
The student, pursuing B Com from Swami Shraddhanand College, jumped off the Jahangirpuri Metro station onto the road below at around 1.45 PM.
He was rushed to Babu Jagjivan Ram Memorial Hospital from where he was referred to another hospital.
The student is out of danger, police said, adding that he was allegedly depressed over not being able to win over a girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption