DU student jumps from Metro station
New Delhi: Apparently depressed for being unable to win over a girl, a 22-year-old Delhi University student allegedly attempted to commit suicide by jumping from an elevated Metro station today, police said.
The student, pursuing B Com from Swami Shraddhanand College, jumped off the Jahangirpuri Metro station onto the road below at around 1.45 PM.
He was rushed to Babu Jagjivan Ram Memorial Hospital from where he was referred to another hospital.
The student is out of danger, police said, adding that he was allegedly depressed over not being able to win over a girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach