DU student jumps from Metro station
New Delhi: Apparently depressed for being unable to win over a girl, a 22-year-old Delhi University student allegedly attempted to commit suicide by jumping from an elevated Metro station today, police said.
The student, pursuing B Com from Swami Shraddhanand College, jumped off the Jahangirpuri Metro station onto the road below at around 1.45 PM.
He was rushed to Babu Jagjivan Ram Memorial Hospital from where he was referred to another hospital.
The student is out of danger, police said, adding that he was allegedly depressed over not being able to win over a girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional