DU student jumps from Metro station
New Delhi: Apparently depressed for being unable to win over a girl, a 22-year-old Delhi University student allegedly attempted to commit suicide by jumping from an elevated Metro station today, police said.
The student, pursuing B Com from Swami Shraddhanand College, jumped off the Jahangirpuri Metro station onto the road below at around 1.45 PM.
He was rushed to Babu Jagjivan Ram Memorial Hospital from where he was referred to another hospital.
The student is out of danger, police said, adding that he was allegedly depressed over not being able to win over a girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Miranda Kerr just said 'yes' to Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel
- US report on Chinese Muslims joining ISIS groundless: Media
- Parliament witnessed uproarious scenes AAP leader Bhagwant Mann's video
- VIDEO: Beautiful Voice! WATCH Sunny Leone sing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League
- Rajasthan: Man held for raping 5-year-old girl, torturing 2-yr old sibling