DU students petition Sonia Gandhi on four-year course
New Delhi: Teachers and students of Delhi University Sunday marched towards the residence of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, demanding the scrapping of the four-year undergraduate programme (FYUP). They also submitted a memorandum to her.
"The Delhi University has implemented the four-year graduation course when there is already a huge crunch of resources in terms of teachers, classrooms, libraries and laboratories," said Mehboob Sahana, general secretary of the Campus Front of India-Delhi state.
"It is pathetic that Human Resource Development Minister M.M. Pallam Raju has also supported the programme in his statement to parliament, in which he said it was approved by the university court and the students at large after exhaustive deliberations," Sahana added.
A memorandum was also submitted to Gandhi after the protest, Sahana said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists