DU students petition Sonia Gandhi on four-year course
New Delhi: Teachers and students of Delhi University Sunday marched towards the residence of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, demanding the scrapping of the four-year undergraduate programme (FYUP). They also submitted a memorandum to her.
"The Delhi University has implemented the four-year graduation course when there is already a huge crunch of resources in terms of teachers, classrooms, libraries and laboratories," said Mehboob Sahana, general secretary of the Campus Front of India-Delhi state.
"It is pathetic that Human Resource Development Minister M.M. Pallam Raju has also supported the programme in his statement to parliament, in which he said it was approved by the university court and the students at large after exhaustive deliberations," Sahana added.
A memorandum was also submitted to Gandhi after the protest, Sahana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what