DU students petition Sonia Gandhi on four-year course
New Delhi: Teachers and students of Delhi University Sunday marched towards the residence of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, demanding the scrapping of the four-year undergraduate programme (FYUP). They also submitted a memorandum to her.
"The Delhi University has implemented the four-year graduation course when there is already a huge crunch of resources in terms of teachers, classrooms, libraries and laboratories," said Mehboob Sahana, general secretary of the Campus Front of India-Delhi state.
"It is pathetic that Human Resource Development Minister M.M. Pallam Raju has also supported the programme in his statement to parliament, in which he said it was approved by the university court and the students at large after exhaustive deliberations," Sahana added.
A memorandum was also submitted to Gandhi after the protest, Sahana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical