DU suspends Saibaba for alleged Maoist links
New Delhi: The Delhi University Thursday suspended professor GN Saibaba for his alleged links with Maoists, a varsity official said.
"Delhi University had received a recommendation from the governing body of Ram Lal Anand college for Saibaba`s suspension. The university has accepted the recommendation," Malay Neerav, DU`s joint dean of students welfare and media co-ordinator, told IANS.
The wheelchair-bound professor of English at Ram Lal Anand College, who is also an activist, was arrested here May 9 by the Maharashtra Police and taken to the state.
Earlier in the day, a section of the student union also staged protest demanding Saibaba`s suspension.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed