DU suspends Saibaba for alleged Maoist links
New Delhi: The Delhi University Thursday suspended professor GN Saibaba for his alleged links with Maoists, a varsity official said.
"Delhi University had received a recommendation from the governing body of Ram Lal Anand college for Saibaba`s suspension. The university has accepted the recommendation," Malay Neerav, DU`s joint dean of students welfare and media co-ordinator, told IANS.
The wheelchair-bound professor of English at Ram Lal Anand College, who is also an activist, was arrested here May 9 by the Maharashtra Police and taken to the state.
Earlier in the day, a section of the student union also staged protest demanding Saibaba`s suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing