DU suspends Saibaba for alleged Maoist links
New Delhi: The Delhi University Thursday suspended professor GN Saibaba for his alleged links with Maoists, a varsity official said.
"Delhi University had received a recommendation from the governing body of Ram Lal Anand college for Saibaba`s suspension. The university has accepted the recommendation," Malay Neerav, DU`s joint dean of students welfare and media co-ordinator, told IANS.
The wheelchair-bound professor of English at Ram Lal Anand College, who is also an activist, was arrested here May 9 by the Maharashtra Police and taken to the state.
Earlier in the day, a section of the student union also staged protest demanding Saibaba`s suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital