DU suspends Saibaba for alleged Maoist links
New Delhi: The Delhi University Thursday suspended professor GN Saibaba for his alleged links with Maoists, a varsity official said.
"Delhi University had received a recommendation from the governing body of Ram Lal Anand college for Saibaba`s suspension. The university has accepted the recommendation," Malay Neerav, DU`s joint dean of students welfare and media co-ordinator, told IANS.
The wheelchair-bound professor of English at Ram Lal Anand College, who is also an activist, was arrested here May 9 by the Maharashtra Police and taken to the state.
Earlier in the day, a section of the student union also staged protest demanding Saibaba`s suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees