DU teachers claim police tried to confiscate Geelani`s mobile
New Delhi: Delhi University professor S A R Geelani, who was acquitted in the 2001 Parliament attack case, on Monday alleged that a Delhi Police team tried to confiscate his mobile phone.
Delhi Police refused to comment on the allegations.
In a statement, a group of Delhi University professors said personnel of the Delhi Police Special Cell, who claimed to be acting under the oral instructions of their superior officers, forced their way into "Prof SAR Geelani`s house, manhandled him and attempted to snatch his mobile phones."
"When Prof Geelani asked to see the written orders sanctioning this action, he was told that there were no written orders."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred