DU teachers claim police tried to confiscate Geelani`s mobile
New Delhi: Delhi University professor S A R Geelani, who was acquitted in the 2001 Parliament attack case, on Monday alleged that a Delhi Police team tried to confiscate his mobile phone.
Delhi Police refused to comment on the allegations.
In a statement, a group of Delhi University professors said personnel of the Delhi Police Special Cell, who claimed to be acting under the oral instructions of their superior officers, forced their way into "Prof SAR Geelani`s house, manhandled him and attempted to snatch his mobile phones."
"When Prof Geelani asked to see the written orders sanctioning this action, he was told that there were no written orders."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days