Duo arrested for duping people at ATMs
New Delhi: A 20-year-old girl student and her accomplice have been arrested for allegedly robbing people after misguiding and duping them while making ATM transactions in Delhi.
Vaishali (20), a BBA final year student, and Neeraj Tiwari (23), who runs a book shop in Daryaganj, were arrested yesterday while trying to dupe a woman, police said today.
Reshma Parveen (26) apprehended Vaishali at Central Bank of India ATM on Railway Road, Shahadra, Delhi, when the latter was trying to escape with Rs 15,000 robbed from her account after misguiding her at the ATM, a police official said.
Neeraj Tiwari, who was waiting in a car, was also caught and handed her over to police, the police official said, adding that the amount was recovered from Vaishali.
During interrogation, the duo allegedly disclosed to police that they used to target vulnerable persons coming to ATMs and duped them by saying their transaction had been cancelled. The duo would later collect the amount from the ATM, the police official said.
A number of cheatings committed by them across Delhi came to light during interrogation, the official said, adding that ome cases have not even been reported to the police.
It is possible that the victims are still unaware of their loss, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners