DU`s SRCC retracts after announcing cut-off
New Delhi: Delhi University`s Sri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), that had earlier decided to go forward with the admission process to undergraduate courses, Monday retracted and said it was deferring the admission like all other colleges.
The association of college principals Monday decided it was deferring admissions due to the lack of clarity following the tussle between the university and the University Grants Commission (UGC) over the four-year undergraduate programme.
SRCC Principal P.C. Jain had earlier said: "Delhi University is the authority... so it had advised us to release the cut-off and conduct admission... I am going forward. The admissions are provisional so whatever the authorities decided I will comply."
The college later backtracked, and withdrew the cut-off list.
"We have taken the cut-off list back and also decided to defer admissions. We don`t know what will be the rules. So we again thought over it and decided to defer it," Jain told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video