Dust haze engulfs capital, temperature soars
New Delhi: The national capital on Thursday woke up to a dust haze and an uncomfortably high minimum temperature that settled a good five notches above average for this time of the year.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the minimum temperature recorded early Thursday was 27.4 degrees Celsius. Though lower than Wednesday`s minimum of 30.5, it was nevertheless hot.
"There will be a dust haze over the capital today with the maximum temperature hovering around 40 degrees Celsius," an IMD official said.
On a more positive note, the official added: "The temperatures are likely to drop by one or two degrees over the next two days. It will offer some respite to people".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt