Dust storm, light rain in parts of Delhi
New Delhi: A sunny morning was followed by a cloudy day and strong breeze, laced with dust and traces of rain, witnessed in some parts of the city Friday evening. The met department has forecast thunderstorms and light Saturday.
According to India Meteorological Department (IMD), there was a dust storm and traces of rain in some areas Friday evening in the capital, with winds at a velocity of 49 km per hour.
The maximum temperature was 39.2 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the year, while the minimum was a notch above average at 26.6 degrees.
The humidity levels wavered between a high of 48 and a low of 24 percent.
"The skies will be partly cloudy Saturday and there is a possibility of rains and thunderstorm are expected in some areas.The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 38 and 27 degrees Celsius," the IMD said.
The capital saw the season`s highest temperature Thursday with a maximum temperature of 42.6 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases