Dust storm, light rain in parts of Delhi
New Delhi: A sunny morning was followed by a cloudy day and strong breeze, laced with dust and traces of rain, witnessed in some parts of the city Friday evening. The met department has forecast thunderstorms and light Saturday.
According to India Meteorological Department (IMD), there was a dust storm and traces of rain in some areas Friday evening in the capital, with winds at a velocity of 49 km per hour.
The maximum temperature was 39.2 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the year, while the minimum was a notch above average at 26.6 degrees.
The humidity levels wavered between a high of 48 and a low of 24 percent.
"The skies will be partly cloudy Saturday and there is a possibility of rains and thunderstorm are expected in some areas.The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 38 and 27 degrees Celsius," the IMD said.
The capital saw the season`s highest temperature Thursday with a maximum temperature of 42.6 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened