Dust storm, light rain in parts of Delhi
New Delhi: A sunny morning was followed by a cloudy day and strong breeze, laced with dust and traces of rain, witnessed in some parts of the city Friday evening. The met department has forecast thunderstorms and light Saturday.
According to India Meteorological Department (IMD), there was a dust storm and traces of rain in some areas Friday evening in the capital, with winds at a velocity of 49 km per hour.
The maximum temperature was 39.2 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the year, while the minimum was a notch above average at 26.6 degrees.
The humidity levels wavered between a high of 48 and a low of 24 percent.
"The skies will be partly cloudy Saturday and there is a possibility of rains and thunderstorm are expected in some areas.The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 38 and 27 degrees Celsius," the IMD said.
The capital saw the season`s highest temperature Thursday with a maximum temperature of 42.6 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users