DUSU polls: Sheila Dikshit congratulates victorious NSUI candidates
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday congratulated the victorious NSUI candidates in Delhi University Students Union polls and said the election outcome reflected people`s support for Congress.
"This landslide victory establishes that Congress and its ideology are dear to the youths of the capital," she said.
Dikshit asked all the winners to work for betterment of the students in Delhi University when they called on her.
"The victory reflected peoples` belief and faith in the Congress party led by Sonia Gandhi," Dikshit said.
The CM said the student community has witnessed the development being carried out by the Delhi Government and it has also helped them in making the right choice.
The Chief Minister also accompanied the winners when they called on Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Dikshit`s Parliamentary Secretary Mukesh Sharma was also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details