DUSU polls: Sheila Dikshit congratulates victorious NSUI candidates
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday congratulated the victorious NSUI candidates in Delhi University Students Union polls and said the election outcome reflected people`s support for Congress.
"This landslide victory establishes that Congress and its ideology are dear to the youths of the capital," she said.
Dikshit asked all the winners to work for betterment of the students in Delhi University when they called on her.
"The victory reflected peoples` belief and faith in the Congress party led by Sonia Gandhi," Dikshit said.
The CM said the student community has witnessed the development being carried out by the Delhi Government and it has also helped them in making the right choice.
The Chief Minister also accompanied the winners when they called on Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Dikshit`s Parliamentary Secretary Mukesh Sharma was also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand