DUTA to protest against Vice Chancellor
New Delhi: Delhi University teachers will
hold a demonstration outside the Vice Chancellor`s office next
week to protest his "undemocratic ways" and his failure to
consult them on issues of critical importance.
The Delhi University Teachers Association (DUTA) will
hold the day-long protest on January 12 to demand that they,
as part of the varsity`s mechanisms, be heard by the
DUTA president Amar Deo Sharma said at a press conference
that the teachers union was disappointed by the fact that Vice
Chancellor Dinesh Singh`s had consistently ignored them even
as he has gone about announcing major future plans for the
"We will hold a protest on January 12 outside his office
to draw home this point," Sharma said.
He also alleged that the disproportionate marks obtained
by students in recent results were highly unusual and could
very well be termed a "marks scam".
Following the protest, the DUTA Executive Council will
meet on January 24, while a General Body Meeting will be held
on January 31.
DUTA officials also drew attention to the fact that
hiring was virtually on hold in the university, even when
4,000 posts were lying vacant.
"The Vice Chancellor is completely ignoring us when we
want to work with him for the benefit of the university," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic