E-mail after Jama Masjid firing: Server traced to Norway
New Delhi: The server from which an
e-mail was sent a few hours after Sunday`s Jama Masjid firing
incident has been traced to Norway, Home Minister P
"The e-mail that came a few hours after the firing has
been traced to a server in a foreign country-- Norway,"
In an interview to CNN, the Home Minister said the
investigators have found that it was a SIM card purchased and
put in a GPS activated mobile phone from which the e-mail,
owing affiliation to terror group Indian Mujahideen, was sent.
"So we have leads but we have to zero on the
particular person who sent it. (There is) nothing in the email
itself which directly links it the shooting (near Jama
Masjid)," he said.
Ruling out a terror link in the incident in whcih two
Taiwanese national were injured, Chidambaram said the e-mail
seems to have been prepared many days in advance and it makes
no direct mention of the shooting.
"We are not certain that the persons involved in the
shooting are directly connected with the e-mail," he said.
Two motorcycle-borne unidentified people fired upon a
group of foreign tourists in front of the Mughal era Jama
A "crudely-circuited" pressure cooker bomb exploded
some time after the firing, leading to panic in the area.
A few hours later, banned terror outfit Indian
Mujahideen sent an e-mail to news organisations claiming
responsibility for the incident and threatened terror strikes
during the forthcoming Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray