E-mail threatens blast in Delhi on I-Day
Jaipur: State and Central intelligence agencies have been put on alert after an e-mail threatening blast in Delhi on Independence Day was sent to various state chief secretaries, including Rajasthan Chief Secretary C K Mathew.
The e-mail, forwarded yesterday by one Ajay Kashyap to the chief secretaries of Rajasthan, Delhi and few other states, claimed that a man from Bihar was planning to trigger blasts in Delhi on August 15, state intelligence sources said.
The e-mail also contained specific details of the man, it claimed, would carry out the blasts, they said.
Efforts are on to trace the source of the e-mail and the sender`s identity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing