E-Rickshaw drivers hold protest march in Rohini
New Delhi: Scores of e-rickshaw drivers on Monday held a march in the Rohini area of outer Delhi on their demand that the ban be lifted on them from plying their vehicles in the national capital.
The agitators, led by AAP Rohini MLA Rajesh Garg, had set out to gherao the residence of Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari but were stopped midway by police after they had started their march in the afternoon from Madhuban Chowk.
"e-Rickshaw drivers are on a dharna for the last five days demanding the lifting of the ban on them from plying their vehicles, but the BJP-led central government is doing nothing to help them," Garg said.
"Several protesters were detained by police, who later took them to the police station. They were not allowed to proceed forward (during the protest)," Garg said. Police later freed all the protesters who had been detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof