E-Rickshaw drivers hold protest march in Rohini
New Delhi: Scores of e-rickshaw drivers on Monday held a march in the Rohini area of outer Delhi on their demand that the ban be lifted on them from plying their vehicles in the national capital.
The agitators, led by AAP Rohini MLA Rajesh Garg, had set out to gherao the residence of Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari but were stopped midway by police after they had started their march in the afternoon from Madhuban Chowk.
"e-Rickshaw drivers are on a dharna for the last five days demanding the lifting of the ban on them from plying their vehicles, but the BJP-led central government is doing nothing to help them," Garg said.
"Several protesters were detained by police, who later took them to the police station. They were not allowed to proceed forward (during the protest)," Garg said. Police later freed all the protesters who had been detained.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory