East Delhi gets new grid sub-station
New Delhi: Supply of electricity is all set to improve in various localities of East Delhi with Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today dedicating a grid sub-station in Mayur Vihar phase-III.
She said the 66 kilo volt sub station, constructed at a cost of Rs 50 crore by BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd (BYPL), will improve supply of power in the area.
Power Minister Haroon Yusuf, area MLA Ambrish Gautam, Chief Secretary D M Spolia and number of senior officials of BYPL were present on the occasion.
In her address, Dikshit listed various achievements of Congress government in the last 15 years.
Highlighting reforms in the power sector, she said government has been able to ensure round-the-clock power supply in the city which she identified as one of the major achievements of her dispensation.
She said the the new grid sub-station at Mayur Vihar phase 3 has been constructed over a fly ash disposal site.
"Even fly ash bricks have been used to construct the control room buildings measuring. The grid sub-station will improve the power supply to the over one lakh consumers in the the area," she said.
"To ensure uninterrupted power supply and to take care of any unforeseen eventuality, this grid sub station is equipped with the next generation distribution technologies and conforms to stringent international benchmarks, including being an unmanned grid," she said.
On the occasion, BYPL CEO Ramesh Narayanan said the discom has been regularly investing in its distribution infrastructure to ensure quality power supply to its consumers.
"The electricity demand in BYPL area is growing rapidly. In fact, since 2002, the power demand in BYPL areas has increased by a whopping 86 per cent," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?