East Delhi gets new grid sub-station
New Delhi: Supply of electricity is all set to improve in various localities of East Delhi with Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today dedicating a grid sub-station in Mayur Vihar phase-III.
She said the 66 kilo volt sub station, constructed at a cost of Rs 50 crore by BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd (BYPL), will improve supply of power in the area.
Power Minister Haroon Yusuf, area MLA Ambrish Gautam, Chief Secretary D M Spolia and number of senior officials of BYPL were present on the occasion.
In her address, Dikshit listed various achievements of Congress government in the last 15 years.
Highlighting reforms in the power sector, she said government has been able to ensure round-the-clock power supply in the city which she identified as one of the major achievements of her dispensation.
She said the the new grid sub-station at Mayur Vihar phase 3 has been constructed over a fly ash disposal site.
"Even fly ash bricks have been used to construct the control room buildings measuring. The grid sub-station will improve the power supply to the over one lakh consumers in the the area," she said.
"To ensure uninterrupted power supply and to take care of any unforeseen eventuality, this grid sub station is equipped with the next generation distribution technologies and conforms to stringent international benchmarks, including being an unmanned grid," she said.
On the occasion, BYPL CEO Ramesh Narayanan said the discom has been regularly investing in its distribution infrastructure to ensure quality power supply to its consumers.
"The electricity demand in BYPL area is growing rapidly. In fact, since 2002, the power demand in BYPL areas has increased by a whopping 86 per cent," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America