East Delhi Municipal Corporation to build 330 new classrooms
New Delhi: As part of its effort to build on educational infrastructure, the East Delhi Municipal Corporation has set a target of constructing 330 new classrooms this year.
EDMC Mayor Ram Narayan Dubey said the Corporation is constantly working to provide a better environment for children studying at its schools.
"The East Delhi Municipal Corporation has set a target of building 330 new classrooms this year, work for most of which are underway," Dubey said, during the foundation stone laying ceremony of a new building for a Municipal School in Dilshad Garden`s R-Block area today.
"Under the ambitious scheme, we are also putting up computer labs for students in EDMC schools," the Mayor added.
The new building for the school in Dilshad Garden will be constructed at cost of Rs 2.96 crore and will have about 20 classrooms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam