East Delhi Municipal Corporation to build 330 new classrooms
New Delhi: As part of its effort to build on educational infrastructure, the East Delhi Municipal Corporation has set a target of constructing 330 new classrooms this year.
EDMC Mayor Ram Narayan Dubey said the Corporation is constantly working to provide a better environment for children studying at its schools.
"The East Delhi Municipal Corporation has set a target of building 330 new classrooms this year, work for most of which are underway," Dubey said, during the foundation stone laying ceremony of a new building for a Municipal School in Dilshad Garden`s R-Block area today.
"Under the ambitious scheme, we are also putting up computer labs for students in EDMC schools," the Mayor added.
The new building for the school in Dilshad Garden will be constructed at cost of Rs 2.96 crore and will have about 20 classrooms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him