East Delhi rally blows away claims of `Modi wave`, says Congress
New Delhi: Describing the rally addressed by BJP leader Narendra Modi in East Delhi yesterday as a "flop show", Congress on Thursday said the lacklustre response proved that there was no "wave" of the saffron party in the country.
"The party which claims that its wave is going on in the country does not hold rally for its biggest leader in just a small portion of a ground. It has proved that there is no such wave in the country," Delhi Congress president Arvinder Singh told reporters at press conference here.
Delhi Congress chief spokesperson Mukesh Sharma said, "Modi`s rally was a flop show. Not more than 3,500 to 4,000 people attended it. It was not more than a nukkad sabha."
"In comparison to that, Sonia Gandhi`s rally on March 30 in Karol Bagh is going to be a historic one. As many as 35,000 to 50,000 Congress workers will participate in the public meeting," Sharma added.
Congress also announced joining of Furkan Qureshi, Delhi vice-president of Peace Party, and Muslim leader Maulana A B Ashrafi with the party during the press conference.
Besides that, a number of AAP supporters also joined the party-fold after removing the party`s trademark Gandhi caps, Sharma said.
"The reverse count of AAP has begun in Delhi, and in the coming days, a large number of AAP workers would join the Congress.
"Congress will not only put up an improved performance in the Lok Sabha elections in Delhi, but will also produce exciting results. The poor and the middle class was now looking upto the Congress," said Singh.
"We have different strategy for different constituencies. From door to door campaigning, putting up signages to radio jingles, candidates are connecting to public on personal level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'