East Delhi rally blows away claims of `Modi wave`, says Congress
New Delhi: Describing the rally addressed by BJP leader Narendra Modi in East Delhi yesterday as a "flop show", Congress on Thursday said the lacklustre response proved that there was no "wave" of the saffron party in the country.
"The party which claims that its wave is going on in the country does not hold rally for its biggest leader in just a small portion of a ground. It has proved that there is no such wave in the country," Delhi Congress president Arvinder Singh told reporters at press conference here.
Delhi Congress chief spokesperson Mukesh Sharma said, "Modi`s rally was a flop show. Not more than 3,500 to 4,000 people attended it. It was not more than a nukkad sabha."
"In comparison to that, Sonia Gandhi`s rally on March 30 in Karol Bagh is going to be a historic one. As many as 35,000 to 50,000 Congress workers will participate in the public meeting," Sharma added.
Congress also announced joining of Furkan Qureshi, Delhi vice-president of Peace Party, and Muslim leader Maulana A B Ashrafi with the party during the press conference.
Besides that, a number of AAP supporters also joined the party-fold after removing the party`s trademark Gandhi caps, Sharma said.
"The reverse count of AAP has begun in Delhi, and in the coming days, a large number of AAP workers would join the Congress.
"Congress will not only put up an improved performance in the Lok Sabha elections in Delhi, but will also produce exciting results. The poor and the middle class was now looking upto the Congress," said Singh.
"We have different strategy for different constituencies. From door to door campaigning, putting up signages to radio jingles, candidates are connecting to public on personal level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you