East Delhi rape case: Phone location of two accused found at different place
New Delhi: In a new twist to the rape case reported in East Delhi on Sunday, police probe has found that the accused and his friend were at some other place at the time of the alleged incident.
Police had detained the two youth after the woman had alleged that one of them raped her in a moving car while the other along with his friend was present at the time of assault.
However, during investigations, their mobile phone location at the time specified by the victim were found to be somewhere else. Police also found discrepancies in the victims statement.
A police official said that they are contemplating taking legal course to withdraw the FIR in the case.
The 28-year-old married woman had yesterday alleged that she was raped by her friend in a moving car in East Delhi.
The incident had come to the light when locals found the woman crying near Anand Vihar Bus Terminal here last evening.
"She was taken to local police station where she claimed that her friend raped her in a moving car in front of two other men. As per the woman, they also thrashed her when she tried to resist," a police official had said.
The victim had told the police that she had come to meet her friend as he promised her of a job in some factory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death