EC gives nod for EGoM meeting on Delhi Metro
New Delhi: The Election Commission (EC) has given a go-ahead to the government for the convening of a meeting of the Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) on issues related to Delhi Metro.
The Urban Development Ministry had sought the EC`s nod for the meeting as it wanted to get EGoM`s advice on various matters including the issue of debt on the Airport Metro line whose operations DMRC has taken over from a private company the Delhi Airport Metro Express Private Limited (DAMEPL), officials said.
A consortium of 11 banks had extended a loan which is estimated to be around Rs 2000 crore for the Airport Express line and there have been disagreements between the various stakeholders as to how it should be repaid.
The second issue which the EGoM is expected to discuss relates to the additional costs incurred during the Phase II of the Delhi Metro, sources said.
Officials said since the Model Code of Conduct for Lok Sabha elections has come into force, the ministry had sought the EC`s nod before calling in a meeting of the EGoM on Metro which is headed by Defence Minister A K Antony.
While the Election Commission had given its clearance for the convening of the meeting, a date has not been fixed, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader