Economic Census launched in Delhi
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Thursday launched the sixth Economic Census for Delhi which will be carried out by around 12,000 enumerators across the city in the next five weeks.
Dikshik asked all citizens of Delhi to extend full co-operation to the enumerators by furnishing all required information to make the exercise a "big success".
An enumerator Thursday visited the Chief Minister`s 3, Motilal Nehru Marg residence at Lutyens Bungalow Zone in central Delhi to record relavent details.
Officials said around "12,000 enumerators will visit 45 lakh households in 33,200 enumeration blocks in the next five weeks to collect the relavent information".
Earlier, economic censuses were carried out in the city in 1977, 1980, 1990, 1998 and 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt