Economic Census launched in Delhi
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Thursday launched the sixth Economic Census for Delhi which will be carried out by around 12,000 enumerators across the city in the next five weeks.
Dikshik asked all citizens of Delhi to extend full co-operation to the enumerators by furnishing all required information to make the exercise a "big success".
An enumerator Thursday visited the Chief Minister`s 3, Motilal Nehru Marg residence at Lutyens Bungalow Zone in central Delhi to record relavent details.
Officials said around "12,000 enumerators will visit 45 lakh households in 33,200 enumeration blocks in the next five weeks to collect the relavent information".
Earlier, economic censuses were carried out in the city in 1977, 1980, 1990, 1998 and 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test