Economic Census launched in Delhi
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Thursday launched the sixth Economic Census for Delhi which will be carried out by around 12,000 enumerators across the city in the next five weeks.
Dikshik asked all citizens of Delhi to extend full co-operation to the enumerators by furnishing all required information to make the exercise a "big success".
An enumerator Thursday visited the Chief Minister`s 3, Motilal Nehru Marg residence at Lutyens Bungalow Zone in central Delhi to record relavent details.
Officials said around "12,000 enumerators will visit 45 lakh households in 33,200 enumeration blocks in the next five weeks to collect the relavent information".
Earlier, economic censuses were carried out in the city in 1977, 1980, 1990, 1998 and 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah