Economic Census launched in Delhi
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Thursday launched the sixth Economic Census for Delhi which will be carried out by around 12,000 enumerators across the city in the next five weeks.
Dikshik asked all citizens of Delhi to extend full co-operation to the enumerators by furnishing all required information to make the exercise a "big success".
An enumerator Thursday visited the Chief Minister`s 3, Motilal Nehru Marg residence at Lutyens Bungalow Zone in central Delhi to record relavent details.
Officials said around "12,000 enumerators will visit 45 lakh households in 33,200 enumeration blocks in the next five weeks to collect the relavent information".
Earlier, economic censuses were carried out in the city in 1977, 1980, 1990, 1998 and 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued