Economic Census launched in Delhi
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Thursday launched the sixth Economic Census for Delhi which will be carried out by around 12,000 enumerators across the city in the next five weeks.
Dikshik asked all citizens of Delhi to extend full co-operation to the enumerators by furnishing all required information to make the exercise a "big success".
An enumerator Thursday visited the Chief Minister`s 3, Motilal Nehru Marg residence at Lutyens Bungalow Zone in central Delhi to record relavent details.
Officials said around "12,000 enumerators will visit 45 lakh households in 33,200 enumeration blocks in the next five weeks to collect the relavent information".
Earlier, economic censuses were carried out in the city in 1977, 1980, 1990, 1998 and 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon