Eggs pelted at Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: A day after she was heckled and shown black flags, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit was on Saturday hit by eggs thrown at her by irate protestors, Congress party sources said.
Dikshit had gone to attend a function at New Mustafabad in east Delhi at about 6.30 pm when the incident occurred.
As she started to address the rally, the audience, made up largely by women, started to raise slogans of "Sheila Dikshit, Hai Hai" ("Fie on Sheila Dikshit").
The women also threw eggs at the chief minister, some of which found their mark.
Dikshit had been on Friday heckled and shown black flags by a crowd, angry over inflated electricity bills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!