Eggs pelted at Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: A day after she was heckled and shown black flags, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit was on Saturday hit by eggs thrown at her by irate protestors, Congress party sources said.
Dikshit had gone to attend a function at New Mustafabad in east Delhi at about 6.30 pm when the incident occurred.
As she started to address the rally, the audience, made up largely by women, started to raise slogans of "Sheila Dikshit, Hai Hai" ("Fie on Sheila Dikshit").
The women also threw eggs at the chief minister, some of which found their mark.
Dikshit had been on Friday heckled and shown black flags by a crowd, angry over inflated electricity bills.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev