Eggs pelted at Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: A day after she was heckled and shown black flags, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit was on Saturday hit by eggs thrown at her by irate protestors, Congress party sources said.
Dikshit had gone to attend a function at New Mustafabad in east Delhi at about 6.30 pm when the incident occurred.
As she started to address the rally, the audience, made up largely by women, started to raise slogans of "Sheila Dikshit, Hai Hai" ("Fie on Sheila Dikshit").
The women also threw eggs at the chief minister, some of which found their mark.
Dikshit had been on Friday heckled and shown black flags by a crowd, angry over inflated electricity bills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand