Eggs pelted at Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: A day after she was heckled and shown black flags, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit was on Saturday hit by eggs thrown at her by irate protestors, Congress party sources said.
Dikshit had gone to attend a function at New Mustafabad in east Delhi at about 6.30 pm when the incident occurred.
As she started to address the rally, the audience, made up largely by women, started to raise slogans of "Sheila Dikshit, Hai Hai" ("Fie on Sheila Dikshit").
The women also threw eggs at the chief minister, some of which found their mark.
Dikshit had been on Friday heckled and shown black flags by a crowd, angry over inflated electricity bills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details