Eight fresh dengue cases in Delhi, total 1,087
New Delhi: Eight fresh cases of dengue were
reported in the national capital today, taking the total
number of people suffering from the vector-borne disease in
the city to 1,087.
The city has reported nearly 430 cases of dengue in the
last fortnight but the number of cases in a day has been
declining over the past few days. The per day figure ranged
from 7 to 13 in the last seven days compared to around 20 to
25 cases earlier.
"With Eight fresh positive cases of dengue, the total has
reached 1,087," Debashish Bhattacharya, Delhi government`s
nodal officer for dengue, told PTI.
The cases of the disease were negligible from June to
September this year, but surged drastically since mid-October
due to the late arrival of monsoon.
With the temperature gradually falling, the spread of the
disease can be contained soon, he said.
The city has reported two confirmed dengue deaths so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet