Eight new Delhi HC judges sworn in
New Delhi: Eight new judges were on Wednesday sworn in as additional judges of the Delhi High Court.
Chief Justice D Murugesan administered the oath of office to all the new judges.
Among the new judges, five are lawyers from the Delhi High Court Bar and remaining three are judges of the trial courts.
The five lawyers who have been designated as high court judges are Delhi Government Standing Counsel (Civil) Najmi Waziri, V K Rao, Sanjeev Sachdeva, Jayant Nath and Vibhu Bakhru.
District Judges from Tis Hazari Court and Dwarka Court- Sunita Gupta and Deepa Sharma respectively besides, high court Registrar General V P Vaish have been elevated as judges of the high court.
With the appointment of these new judges, the strength of judges will increase to 43 as against the sanctioned number of 48.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi