Eight new Delhi HC judges sworn in
New Delhi: Eight new judges were on Wednesday sworn in as additional judges of the Delhi High Court.
Chief Justice D Murugesan administered the oath of office to all the new judges.
Among the new judges, five are lawyers from the Delhi High Court Bar and remaining three are judges of the trial courts.
The five lawyers who have been designated as high court judges are Delhi Government Standing Counsel (Civil) Najmi Waziri, V K Rao, Sanjeev Sachdeva, Jayant Nath and Vibhu Bakhru.
District Judges from Tis Hazari Court and Dwarka Court- Sunita Gupta and Deepa Sharma respectively besides, high court Registrar General V P Vaish have been elevated as judges of the high court.
With the appointment of these new judges, the strength of judges will increase to 43 as against the sanctioned number of 48.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre