Eight prisoners injured in Tihar Jail clash
New Delhi: Eight prisoners in high security Tihar jail here were today injured in a clash between two groups, jail officials said.
"Two groups of inmates, mostly repeat offenders who were lodged in jail number 3, had a fight today during the day," said Tihar Jail spokesperson Sunil Gupta.
Eight persons sustained injuries and were rushed to the Deen Dayal Upadhayay hospital, he said.
He said the two groups clashed for establishing supremacy. Most of these prisoners had been in jail for committing offences repeatedly, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon