Eight prisoners injured in Tihar Jail clash
New Delhi: Eight prisoners in high security Tihar jail here were today injured in a clash between two groups, jail officials said.
"Two groups of inmates, mostly repeat offenders who were lodged in jail number 3, had a fight today during the day," said Tihar Jail spokesperson Sunil Gupta.
Eight persons sustained injuries and were rushed to the Deen Dayal Upadhayay hospital, he said.
He said the two groups clashed for establishing supremacy. Most of these prisoners had been in jail for committing offences repeatedly, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love