Eight prisoners injured in Tihar Jail clash
New Delhi: Eight prisoners in high security Tihar jail here were today injured in a clash between two groups, jail officials said.
"Two groups of inmates, mostly repeat offenders who were lodged in jail number 3, had a fight today during the day," said Tihar Jail spokesperson Sunil Gupta.
Eight persons sustained injuries and were rushed to the Deen Dayal Upadhayay hospital, he said.
He said the two groups clashed for establishing supremacy. Most of these prisoners had been in jail for committing offences repeatedly, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre