Eight-yr-old missing girl reunited with family in Delhi
New Delhi: An eight-year-old girl who inadvertently boarded a train from the capital was rescued from Kanpur and reunited with her mother, police said.
Rinki, a resident of Mangolpuri, approached police in New Delhi Railway station after her eight-year-old daughter went missing.
"She told us that she had come to the station to board Mahabodhi Express from Platform No. 8. There was heavy rush at the platform. Suddenly, she realised that her 8-year-old daughter is missing from the platform," Ravindra Yadav, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime), said.
Police conducted a thorough search of the station and adjoining areas besides analysing CCTV footage but the girl could not be found.
"It was suspected that the girl might have boarded a train. Therefore, GRP Aligarh was contacted and requested to search the girl in the train. The girl could not be traced as the halting time of the train is very short in Aligarh.
"We then pursued the matter with SHO/GRP in Kanpur and provided complete description of the missing girl and also the probable location of the bogies where she might be found. Acting on this detailed information, SHO/GRP Kanpur with his team searched the train and was able to trace the lost girl," Yadav said.
A team from Delhi Police was sent to Kanpur which brought back the girl who has been reunited with her family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials