Eight-yr-old missing girl reunited with family in Delhi
New Delhi: An eight-year-old girl who inadvertently boarded a train from the capital was rescued from Kanpur and reunited with her mother, police said.
Rinki, a resident of Mangolpuri, approached police in New Delhi Railway station after her eight-year-old daughter went missing.
"She told us that she had come to the station to board Mahabodhi Express from Platform No. 8. There was heavy rush at the platform. Suddenly, she realised that her 8-year-old daughter is missing from the platform," Ravindra Yadav, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime), said.
Police conducted a thorough search of the station and adjoining areas besides analysing CCTV footage but the girl could not be found.
"It was suspected that the girl might have boarded a train. Therefore, GRP Aligarh was contacted and requested to search the girl in the train. The girl could not be traced as the halting time of the train is very short in Aligarh.
"We then pursued the matter with SHO/GRP in Kanpur and provided complete description of the missing girl and also the probable location of the bogies where she might be found. Acting on this detailed information, SHO/GRP Kanpur with his team searched the train and was able to trace the lost girl," Yadav said.
A team from Delhi Police was sent to Kanpur which brought back the girl who has been reunited with her family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt