Elderly man killed as fire breaks out in factory
New Delhi: A 65-year-old man was killed when a fire broke out in a factory in Narela industrial area in North-West Delhi today.
The fire broke out in a plastic and clutch-plate wire manufacturing factory at Narela industrial area at 6 AM, fire department officials said.
Twenty-seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the flames were doused by 8.10 AM.
A charred body of an old man, presumed to be a worker, had been found and handed over to police, said a Delhi Fire Service official.
The deceased was yet to be identified.
The cause of the fire is still not known and the matter is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31