Elderly man killed as fire breaks out in factory
New Delhi: A 65-year-old man was killed when a fire broke out in a factory in Narela industrial area in North-West Delhi today.
The fire broke out in a plastic and clutch-plate wire manufacturing factory at Narela industrial area at 6 AM, fire department officials said.
Twenty-seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the flames were doused by 8.10 AM.
A charred body of an old man, presumed to be a worker, had been found and handed over to police, said a Delhi Fire Service official.
The deceased was yet to be identified.
The cause of the fire is still not known and the matter is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on