Elderly woman found murdered
New Delhi: An elderly woman was found murdered at her residence in Shahbad Dairy area of outer Delhi on Thursday with police suspecting it as a robbery-cum-murder case.
Kailasho Devi, lived alone in her Holambi Kalan area residence, as her three sons were settled elsewhere, according to police.
On receiving information, the police team rushed to her residence and found the woman lying in a pool of blood.
The body was sent for post mortem.
As the house was found ransacked, the possibility of robbery and the involvement of an insider cannot be ruled out, police said.
A case has been registered and the matter is being probe, they said.
Her sons said that she may have been killed for property.
They told police that a theft was also reported from the house in which ornaments and cash worth lakhs had been stolen.
Meanwhile, in an another case, body of a 25-year old woman was found near Jungpura metro station of south Delhi this morning.
The woman is yet to be identified and the body has been sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt