Elderly woman found murdered
New Delhi: An elderly woman was found murdered at her residence in Shahbad Dairy area of outer Delhi on Thursday with police suspecting it as a robbery-cum-murder case.
Kailasho Devi, lived alone in her Holambi Kalan area residence, as her three sons were settled elsewhere, according to police.
On receiving information, the police team rushed to her residence and found the woman lying in a pool of blood.
The body was sent for post mortem.
As the house was found ransacked, the possibility of robbery and the involvement of an insider cannot be ruled out, police said.
A case has been registered and the matter is being probe, they said.
Her sons said that she may have been killed for property.
They told police that a theft was also reported from the house in which ornaments and cash worth lakhs had been stolen.
Meanwhile, in an another case, body of a 25-year old woman was found near Jungpura metro station of south Delhi this morning.
The woman is yet to be identified and the body has been sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened