Elderly woman found murdered
New Delhi: An elderly woman was found murdered at her residence in Shahbad Dairy area of outer Delhi on Thursday with police suspecting it as a robbery-cum-murder case.
Kailasho Devi, lived alone in her Holambi Kalan area residence, as her three sons were settled elsewhere, according to police.
On receiving information, the police team rushed to her residence and found the woman lying in a pool of blood.
The body was sent for post mortem.
As the house was found ransacked, the possibility of robbery and the involvement of an insider cannot be ruled out, police said.
A case has been registered and the matter is being probe, they said.
Her sons said that she may have been killed for property.
They told police that a theft was also reported from the house in which ornaments and cash worth lakhs had been stolen.
Meanwhile, in an another case, body of a 25-year old woman was found near Jungpura metro station of south Delhi this morning.
The woman is yet to be identified and the body has been sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit