Elders for celebration of Tagore`s Nobel prize centenary
New Delhi: A demand was made in the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday by Trinamool Congress to celebrate the centenary of conferring Nobel prize on Rabindranath Tagore.
"This day, this week, this year is very important. Hundred years ago Kaviguru Rabindranath Tagore received the Nobel prize...Central government should make the occasion memorable," party member Derek O`Brien said during Zero hour.
Earlier, his party colleagues said "every possible step should be taken to celebrate the occasion."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter