Elders for celebration of Tagore`s Nobel prize centenary
New Delhi: A demand was made in the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday by Trinamool Congress to celebrate the centenary of conferring Nobel prize on Rabindranath Tagore.
"This day, this week, this year is very important. Hundred years ago Kaviguru Rabindranath Tagore received the Nobel prize...Central government should make the occasion memorable," party member Derek O`Brien said during Zero hour.
Earlier, his party colleagues said "every possible step should be taken to celebrate the occasion."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah