Election officials seize Rs 30 lakh from man in Delhi
New Delhi: Election officials today seized Rs 30 lakh from a man at a checkpost near Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital here.
The money was seized by the Static Surveillance Team (SST) of East District Election Office deployed at the checkpost.
"The SST team intercepted Rs 30 lakh cash from one Jakir Hussain in a Swift Desire car with UP registration number," said an Election Commission official.
"The cash has been handed over to income tax authorities and an inquiry is being carried out," the official said.
The official said Hussain claimed the money was an advance for a land deal, but was unable to show any proof of the transaction.
Consequently the money was seized, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'