Electronic info system in Delhi bus stops by Dec
New Delhi: In two months time, over 100 bus
stops in the city will have an electronic passenger
information system which will enable commuters to know about
the arrival time of DTC buses and schedules for various
The Delhi Transport Corporation, which runs the world`s
largest fleet of environment friendly CNG buses, will
introduce the system in collaboration with Delhi Integrated
Multi-Modal Transit System, a government entity set up to
suggest improvements in transport infrastructure.
Senior DTC officials said in the first phase the
passenger information system will be introduced in a little
over 100 bus stops and by the middle of next year all the bus
stops will have the system. Delhi has around 2,500 DTC bus
"The PIS is being introduced to inform the commuters
about the timings and routes of the approaching buses,"
Transport Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely said.
Officials said the system will be almost similar to the
electronic passenger information system in Delhi Metro.
The DTC has already set up a state-of-the-art
communications centre at Kashmiri Gate to operate the PIS.
The officials said the DTC will also implement its long
pending plan to provide hand-held electronic ticket machines
to conductors soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what