Eleven Delhi Police personnel rewarded for catching criminals
New Delhi: Eleven Delhi Police personnel,
including two inspectors, were on Tuesday rewarded with Rs 10,000
each for catching criminals involved in several prominent
Commissioner Y S Dadwal awarded `Asadharan Karya
Puraskar` to two inspectors, two sub-inspectors, four head
constables and three constables.
Inspector Brahm Pal Singh, SI Arun Tyagi, SI Ajay Kumar
Singh, HC Ashok Kumar and Constable Shiv Kumar were rewarded
for apprehending four men in connection with the kidnapping of
a child in Kalkaji area.
Inspector Swadesh Parkash and Head Constables Mangal Ram
and Ashok Kumar were selected for the award for their role in
cracking an inter-state gang of robbers.
Head Constable Ashok Kumar and Constable Virender were
rewarded for arresting Ravi Kapoor, who had ran away from the
police custody on October 19 last year by throwing chilly
powder in the eyes of Assistant Sub Inspector Umed Pal. Kapoor
was earlier arrested in the sensational murder cases of
Soumaya Vishvanathan and Jigisha Ghosh.
Constable Naresh Chand was selected for the reward for
arresting a robber, Rakesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown