Eleven-member gang of robbers smashed in Delhi
New Delhi: Almost every day, they robbed
bus passengers of around Rs 30-50,000 and a number of mobile
phones but luck ran out for 11 members of "Karate" gang in the
capital while they were planning a heist.
The gang members were arrested from Rohini yesterday
following an input that they will gather and conspire to
highjack a bus and rob passengers, Chhaya Sharma, Deputy
Commissioner of Police (Outer), said.
"We laid a trap on the basis of a tip off. One of the
police party overheard the conversation of the gang. They
decided that seven of them would board the bus and the rest
will follow them on TSRs and motorcycles," Sharma said.
The arrested have been identified as Nand Kishore
alias `Karate` (38), Ajid Hussain (34), Man Singh (32), Mukesh
(35), Sanjay (22), Manoj (19), Virender (19), Niraj (22), Ajay
(23), Ram Achal (42) and Sumit (23).
Kishore, previously involved in at least 30 cases,
used to insist that all members should "come prepared" for
committing crime with knives or surgical blades.
"They all used to communicate with each other on
mobiles phones and never visit the house of others. Even they
do not know the addresses of others so that in case of being
apprehended one could not lead to the arrest of others,"
Twenty-nine mobile phones, two autorickshaws, two
motorcycles, ten knives and a surgical blade were recovered
Since the last four months, the gang, on a routine
basis, used to board buses plying between Budh Vihar to
Shivaji Stadium, Manglapuri to Azad Pur, Uttam Nagar to ISBT
and Mangolpuri to Kamla Market and commit pick pocketing,
Sharma said, adding that they operated between 8 am and one pm
and 8 pm and 11 pm.
"On an average, they used to pick pocket or rob Rs
30,000 to 50,000 and a number of mobile phones from bus
passengers on a day," Sharma said.
They allegedly used to flash their weapons to rob and
to make away. "Maximum part of robbed booty was used by them
to gift valuables to their girl friends and spend time with
sex workers," Sharma said.
Hussain, Sumit and Man Singh are auto drivers while
Mukesh is working as a Band Master in Mangolpuri. Bunti and
Neeraj are labourers in a factory while Virender owns an
electric appliances shop.
All of them have been previously involved in crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'