Eleven `women only` buses launched in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday flagged off 11 `ladies special` or women only buses of the state-run Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) at a function here on Thursday.
"This bus service will provide safe and comfortable journey to ladies," Dikshit said at the inaugural programme.
Hoping good footfall on these buses, the chief minister said their number would be increased in due course of time in accordance with the requirement of commuters.
These special buses will be manned by women conductors, an official said.
"The Delhi Transport Corporation officials have been directed to quickly disseminate information about the schedule and routes covered by these buses," Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami said.
DTC chief managing director Rajeev Verma and other senior officials of the corporation were also present at the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video