Eleven `women only` buses launched in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday flagged off 11 `ladies special` or women only buses of the state-run Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) at a function here on Thursday.
"This bus service will provide safe and comfortable journey to ladies," Dikshit said at the inaugural programme.
Hoping good footfall on these buses, the chief minister said their number would be increased in due course of time in accordance with the requirement of commuters.
These special buses will be manned by women conductors, an official said.
"The Delhi Transport Corporation officials have been directed to quickly disseminate information about the schedule and routes covered by these buses," Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami said.
DTC chief managing director Rajeev Verma and other senior officials of the corporation were also present at the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley