Eleven `women only` buses launched in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday flagged off 11 `ladies special` or women only buses of the state-run Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) at a function here on Thursday.
"This bus service will provide safe and comfortable journey to ladies," Dikshit said at the inaugural programme.
Hoping good footfall on these buses, the chief minister said their number would be increased in due course of time in accordance with the requirement of commuters.
These special buses will be manned by women conductors, an official said.
"The Delhi Transport Corporation officials have been directed to quickly disseminate information about the schedule and routes covered by these buses," Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami said.
DTC chief managing director Rajeev Verma and other senior officials of the corporation were also present at the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon