Eleven `women only` buses launched in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday flagged off 11 `ladies special` or women only buses of the state-run Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) at a function here on Thursday.
"This bus service will provide safe and comfortable journey to ladies," Dikshit said at the inaugural programme.
Hoping good footfall on these buses, the chief minister said their number would be increased in due course of time in accordance with the requirement of commuters.
These special buses will be manned by women conductors, an official said.
"The Delhi Transport Corporation officials have been directed to quickly disseminate information about the schedule and routes covered by these buses," Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami said.
DTC chief managing director Rajeev Verma and other senior officials of the corporation were also present at the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview
- Ready to pay additional Rs 300 crore, Sahara chief Subrata Roy tells SC