Engg student commits suicide in Paharganj guest house
New Delhi: A 22-year-old engineering
student allegedly committed suicide at a guest house in
central Delhi, police said on Wednesday.
Vimlesh Kumar, hailing from Lucknow, was found hanging
inside room no 23 of Sapna Guest House in Paharganj around
10.30 pm yesterday by hotel employees.
When the victim did not open the door despite repeated
attempts, staff informed police who broke open the door.
No suicide note has been recovered from his possession
and police are ascertaining the reason behind the extreme
The body has been sent for postmortem in Lok Nayak Jai
Vimlesh, who checked into the hotel on Monday, had
come to the capital to appear in some examination.
The victim was reportedly pursuing his engineering
from a private college in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars