Engineering student washed away in canal; NDRF team deployed
Ghaziabad: A engineering student from the district got washed away in a canal here following which an NDRF team has been pressed into service on Friday, police said.
The victim identified as Nitin, a resident of Sahibabad and a B Tech student had yesterday gone to Masuri canal in Gangnahar area along with a friend Nishu, they said.
Nishu fell into the canal and then Nitin jumped into it to rescue her, but he (Nitin) did not know how to swim and got washed away, police said.
Meanwhile Nishu was rescued somehow but Nitin could not be found.
A team from the NDRF are here to search for Nitin, SHO Masuri, Virendra Yadav, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter