Engineering student washed away in canal; NDRF team deployed
Ghaziabad: A engineering student from the district got washed away in a canal here following which an NDRF team has been pressed into service on Friday, police said.
The victim identified as Nitin, a resident of Sahibabad and a B Tech student had yesterday gone to Masuri canal in Gangnahar area along with a friend Nishu, they said.
Nishu fell into the canal and then Nitin jumped into it to rescue her, but he (Nitin) did not know how to swim and got washed away, police said.
Meanwhile Nishu was rescued somehow but Nitin could not be found.
A team from the NDRF are here to search for Nitin, SHO Masuri, Virendra Yadav, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh