Engineering student washed away in canal; NDRF team deployed
Ghaziabad: A engineering student from the district got washed away in a canal here following which an NDRF team has been pressed into service on Friday, police said.
The victim identified as Nitin, a resident of Sahibabad and a B Tech student had yesterday gone to Masuri canal in Gangnahar area along with a friend Nishu, they said.
Nishu fell into the canal and then Nitin jumped into it to rescue her, but he (Nitin) did not know how to swim and got washed away, police said.
Meanwhile Nishu was rescued somehow but Nitin could not be found.
A team from the NDRF are here to search for Nitin, SHO Masuri, Virendra Yadav, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- China builds massive seaplane: State media
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year